Monday, June 15, 2009

Food pictures from May

For our 10 year anniversary, we went to Paris in April. But on the actual night in May we went out to eat at our favorite local restaurant, The Old Blinking Light. We love this little local place, where the chef can be seen at the Highlands Ranch farmer's market buying produce (I've spotted him). This was the dessert they brought us out on the house, when they realized it was our anniversary. :) Chocolate soup! With made from scratch Banana Bread.
This was Rob's meal, Tres Rellenos. They ranged from spicy to mild. Two were roasted, one was fried. Definitely the Poblano was our favorite.

This was my meal. I wasn't that hungry so I just got a bowl of their soup of the day. I read an article in a local magazine about how the chef took a few months off, and learned how to raise his own cattle. So now the beef at the restaurant is from the chef's farm! So I had to try some. This was Green Chili and Mariposa Beef stew. The bread was drizzled with honey......yummmmm!


This is a pic of the TOTALLY cute apron that my friend Joia gave me as a gift :) I LOVE it! I feel so sassy and can't help shaking my hips to the music when I am cooking with this on.

This is just a pot of Italian Wedding Soup with Vegan Meatballs I had cooking up one night, and I took a pic. I used Whole Wheat noodles in it. We make this about 3-4 times a year. I love one pot meals!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That food is yummy and that apron is delightful!