Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July food pics

I'm telling you....this summer is busy! I know pretty soon here it's going to slow down, and I will be back to posting some fabulous recipes for you. But for now, I'm just along for the ride and trying to enjoy every minute. Here's some July food pics.

Here is some Tiramisu a friend and I enjoyed in North Beach in San Francisco. Made from scratch from a lovely little Italian Espresso place, called Cafe Greco.

We walked up to the window at the Pier 1 Seafood Market on Fisherman's Wharf, where you can get the same food for cheaper that they serve in the restaurant, but to-go, and sit outside and eat. I had some Sweet and Sour Calamari with coleslaw, and a cup of clam chowder. yum!!
This is an Eggplant, Zucchini, and Red Pepper Torte that I made for some company. Usually I make this in the winter, so as not to have the oven running for so long, I roasted the veggies on the grill instead. This is one of my favorite all time recipes, and it tastes AMAZING.




This "recipe" I got from a friend. It's so simple - just cantaloupe, blueberries, torn mint leaves, and Agave Nectar. so good! It goes great with any BBQ.



I been eating raw until Dinner again and feel fabulous. It's so much easier in the summer with all the wonderful produce overflowing at the Farmer's Market, and in our kitchen. I wish it could be this way all year long!
Lastly I'll leave you with a recipe I made to use up some Kale. It was pretty good, though the kids weren't crazy about it, Rob and I liked it. I'd make it again. Kale and Mushrooms over Creamy Polenta. I hope you are having some wonderful food adventures of your own this summer!

2 comments:

All My Monkeys said...

This summer IS crazy.

You're killin' me with those calimari pics, btw. so much yum.

Melissa said...

All looks good! I was so hoping to try an eggplant recipe but our eggplant didn't do so well in the garden. Oh well...it was our first try. We will try again.

Enjoy the rest of the summer...Melissa