Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Party


Last night we had lots of wonderful friends over for a Christmas party. It's something we've started doing since we moved to Colorado, and I look forward to it all year long! This is the third time we've done it, and every time it has been so wonderful. I feel so blessed to have made some wonderful friends here, and I think it's so nice to take a night (without kids:) and just hang out, enjoy some good food and wine, and celebrate Christmas together. We had two sommeliers from a local wine store come and do wine tastings the first hour. Later on, Rob and two others played guitars and sang, which was just amazing.

This year I decided to stick with some favorites and not re-invent the wheel. I feel like last year I had put together such a good menu for appetizers. So much of it could be done the night before, and nothing required me being in the oven all evening. I set out the last food as the first guests were arriving, and then was able to just be a part of the party and enjoy myself the rest of the time. Très magnificant!

I did a table of appetizers(see above), and then a table of desserts. (I don't want to include pictures of people since not everyone likes to have their pictures online. :) We had the desserts catered from my favorite local French Bakery. yum! Today we are eating like kings, and it's wonderful!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time :) I also like this time of year with all the good treats to eat and make, music and getting together with family and friends.

See ya soon

BeeARawFoodie said...

I love the lighting in this picture. The details from the hanging ornaments from the light fixture to the food looks stunning. Events like these make the holidays most special!!

R said...

Awesome, just looking at the picture gives me the feeling of a very nice Holiday celebration!