Thursday, December 11, 2008

Party Party Party


This has been quite the week of parties. What a fun and tiring week all at the same time! (the picture is of Isaac helping me make Sugar Cookies for our MOPS cookie exchange) Currently we are getting ready for the 2nd Annual Colwill Christmas party, and I can't wait! It will be Saturday night, no kiddos - just adults, and it looks like there will be 7-8 couples joining us. Rob has been planning carols and tuning his guitar, we've got logs for the fire, and I finished getting groceries tonight. After I help out with the Food Bank at church in the AM, I plan to spend the rest of the day and evening getting ready. I'll need to get most the food done this year the day before, because we have a busy Saturday. We're delivering gifts in the AM for Angel Tree, and then we're going to the Christmas at the Ranch "Love Has Come" performance at our church at 2pm.


My only disappointment is that I won't be making any of the desserts this year. Last year I made all the appetizers and all the desserts. BUT last year I had nothing going on that week, and this week I've had seriously 2-3 things going on every single day! So I have to be realistic.


SO yes, I finally have a menu planned for Saturday! I am so behind this year. I think I have everything bought tonight except one thing, which I can pick up tomorrow. Of course, there's tons of stuff, of course I am over budget, but hey - it's once a year! My new fabulous friend Joia is coming over tomorrow night and we're going to open a bottle of wine and finish anything I didn't get done during the day. Yeah for Christmas! Yeah for new friends! :)


appetizers

Greek Olives


Creamy Smoked Trout with Apple and Horseradish on Crisp Rye Bread (repeat of last year, but so good, we had to do it again)



Brie en Croute (a friend is bringing)

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus with Pita Chips, pea pods, carrots, and celery (a friend is bringing)


desserts

Assorted truffles and chocolates

Coconut Blackberry Tarts

Chocolate Coconut tarts

Turtle Brownies

Shortbread


drinks

Wine (A friend Christine generously offered to bring the wine...both red and white!)

Pear Brandy Cocktails (they were a hit last year, easy to make - don't need a shaker or anything)

Izze sodas (also being brought by same generous friend!)

Assorted Beers

Coffee Bar

Water


I'm sure the next 24 hours will be a busy happy blur. I hope your weekend is wonderful!!

2 comments:

BeeARawFoodie said...

Sounds like a great party! I'd love to see a video of the Rob and Friends music jam! That's one tasty menu. You have such a great cookie helper!

BeeARawFoodie said...

Old habits die hard. In light of your holiday kitchen exploits, I'm proud to report that Cub has a buy 4 cardboard pizzas for $6 special. And I've been feasting on cardboard pizza and mtn dew. Cheap and easy as I have no kitchen but can cook the pizza's at a friends house and cut and stash in baggies. Perfect for all the travelling around the cities back and forth, hither and yon with pet sitting. ITs a glamourous job and my meals are just as glam, aren't they! I re-read your blog posts and think we live in two different library wings - you in Nutrition Fairy Tale and Me in the Processed Foods are Crimes Against Humanity section. I am so in awe. So much in awe. Cheers to 2009! And a toast to your family, your kids, your kitchen and your committment to eat gourmet healthy!