Sunday, November 14, 2010

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies - oh yeah!

We made the BEST cookies this week!  I do not say that likely.  I am not a huge cookie person.  And by that I mean I'm picky.  A cookie pretty much has to knock my socks off to make me eat the extra calories.  I'd take a cupcake over a cookie most any day.  This one however knocked my socks and my stocking hat off.  :D  These cookies are so great because whether you are 4 years old or 80 they have that kind of comfort food yummy-ness to them, without wrecking your diet.  Even better, they are sugar free, and gluten free folks. 

So what are you waiting for? 

Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
(Gluten and sugar free!)


¾ cup sugar substitute (I used Splenda)

1 large egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup creamy Trans fat-free peanut butter (it says creamy, I prefer chunky)

1 teaspoon baking soda

¼ cup sugar-free jam, any flavor (I used Blackberry)



Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Mix sugar substitute, egg, and vanilla together with an electric mixture on low for 3 minutes. Add peanut butter and baking soda. Mix on medium until dough comes together, about 30 seconds.

Form dough into 24 (2-teaspoon) balls and place on the baking sheet 1 inch apart. Gently press your thumb into the center of each to make an indentation. Fill each indentation with ½ teaspoon jam.

Bake until lightly browned on the bottom, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cookies cool briefly on the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 24 (2 per serving)

Per serving: 140 calories, 11g fat, 2.5 grams sat fat, 6 g protein, 7 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 210 g sodium

No comments: