Friday, January 2, 2009

The round of birthday cakes...Part 1

The kids want seperate birthday parties this year. Which might not sound like a big deal, BUT when all three kids have birthdays within a three week period, and that three week period is right after Christmas....ugh! It's hard to muster up the energy for more partying, but here we are. And making their cakes is something I love to do, and they LOVE to have me do, so it's a fun thing to throw myself into. Analise had to pick something from the "Expert" section of a book at the library, but I just went for it. Two-tiered you say? sugar hearts? towers on the top?
Let's go for it..... (first two pics taken by kiddos)















3 comments:

BeeARawFoodie said...

Atta Girl Analise! Pick a difficult level cake for mom. Its good for her to push past the comfort zone in the kitchen. In return -- Analise, Sweet Dear, You get a Beautiful, Amazing cake. But its not as Beautiful and Amazing as you and your mom. Very wow on the two tiers, and very cool on the fancy nancy decorations and standing hearts! I love it! Happy Birthday Analise!
Way to go Mom! I love the progress pictures! That's smart!
Hang in there with the After Holiday Birthday Cake Marathon. I believe in you!

BeeARawFoodie said...

I went back and clicked on each picture. My jaw dropped over all the precise amount of frosting detail. And even silver beads in the flowers. The detail! You are a rock star birthday cake making mom! (I thought it was great when my mom made angel food cake for my birthday!!)
You inspire me to want to get into the cake & frosting frenzy. I've wanted to get a Holly Hobbie formed cake pan (I loved "Hobby Hobby" as a girl Analise's age actually) off Ebay and have a tea party.
You make me think its possible to go from "cupcake" level expertise to Cake Extraordinaire. Can't get over the amount of detail on that cake! Two layer of dots as base frosting!! And then that door! WOW WOW WOW.

Anonymous said...

That is one beautiful cake! Way to go :) I have also always made and decorated Abby's cake but haven't gotten that fancy yet. But I think the kids love it more and it becomes more special when the parents do the making and baking. Happy Birthday to All!! Wonderful job...