Friday, January 2, 2009

The Holidays

The holidays were a happy blur of parties, days lounging in PJ's, friends, food, and new adventures...... Here are some food related pics to share. First we had to have the Goat Cheese and Asparagus Crostada again. Then it's our tradition of Apple Pannekooken on Christmas morning (it's a German thing:), then I made a variation of Bread Pudding called Poor Man's Trifle, and topped it with Vanilla Bean ice cream, and the AWESOMEST Spiced Rum Sauce that we ate on everything for days afterward. Lastly, we have Fettucini with Vegetables, Vodka Marinara and Vegan Meatballs, and a pic of me at the Microsoft Christmas party dessert table!
















One of my goals this year is to eat even healthier than I did in 2008. More raw foods, pursueing more local and vegan foods. Talking to the kids more about where our food is coming from, and why we make the choices we do. Over the last few months we've gotten really involved with the food ministry at our church and that has been just awesome for our family. That in itself has opened the door to many lovely conversations with the kids about all these things, and about why we help them, what the bible says, and what we feel like God calls us to do. As a food lover, the food ministry is something that comes so easily to me. I get excited to do it, and it feels good to have found the part of the church where my puzzle piece fits into so perfectly.

My husband found this cool "Cook for a Cause" at Generous Servings in Denver coming up this month. He encouraged me to sign up for it, and I did. I signed up for a two hour slot , so I'll be cooking for The Carpenter's Cupboard in Wheat Ridge on a Sunday this month. I'm really looking forward to it.
I'll be posting some more recipes soon. I made two yummy raw salads yesterday and today, and spent hours today on Analise's birthday cake. I can't wait to show it to her in the AM. More pics and posting to come soon. I hope you all have a happy and healthy 2009!

No comments: