Sunday, March 15, 2009

Crab and Avocado Salad

I can't help it, I love seafood. All kinds of it. Even when I've gone hardcore about not eating meat, I haven't been able to give up seafood. Give me fish, crab, lobster, calamari, cavier, you name it...yum!

This week I must be craving it, as it will be on the menu twice this week. I made Shrimp Stir Fry tonight, and it was super yummy. I had it without any rice and it was still wonderful! I'm looking forward to this salad hopefully tomorrow. Just waiting for that avocado to ripen......

Crab and Avocado Salad
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes (always add 20 for toddler helpers:)
from the South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook

Book notes:
"This delectable multi-use recipe makes a great entree salad or an appetizer in half-sized portions. In later phases, it can be an hor d'oeuvre on whole-grain crackers or a sandwich or wrap filling. Serve it as is or with a simple mixed green salad. If crabmeat is unavailable, cold steamed shrimp is just as good."

1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon chopped roasted red pepper(from a jar)
1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pound lump crabmeat
1 large ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Combine Cilantro, mayonnaise, red pepper, lime juice, and cayenne in a medium mixing bowl. Mix in crabmeat and season with salt and pepper. Gently fold in avocado and serve.

Makes 4 (scant 1-cup) servings

Nutrition, per serving:
230 cal, 14 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 22 g protein, 4 g carb, 3g dietary fiber, 670 mg sodium

3 comments:

BeeARawFoodie said...

avocados dropped 50 cents each to only 99 cents! Hooray! I am craving avocados. Your dish sounds deelish! For me, my lunches this week are two avocados and one svg (12 crackers) of seasme & tomato crackers. Cut in half, smoosh from bottom, scoop with cracker, and enjoy. Soooo perfect. Just another way for me to celebrate spring and sunny weather (a natural antidepressant!) Happy Happy joy joy. Lets do the Avocado Dance.

Kristy said...

Mmm, sounds delicious! I might have to try this.

All My Monkeys said...

Sounds yummy. I think I need to get that cookbook. The quick and easy is appealing. Almost as much as avocado.