Wednesday, March 4, 2009

February, where have you gone?

We have been in a happy, busy rhythm lately, which means I have been sticking to my list of favorite standby recipes (Black Lentils, Tuna Kabobs, Spaghetti and Vegan Meatballs) or just "wingin' in" during the weeknights. Mostly good comes out of this, and I'm actually trying to challenge myself to experiment a little more with just whatever is in the cupboard with the philosophy that surely this will make me a better cook in the long run. So far, no complaints. :)

Here is some white bean and Kale soup I made one night, and on the side I just tossed some Whole Wheat Linguini with organic chicken (except for me, none thanks) peas, mushrooms, and roasted red peppers. For a sauce I just simply used a whole lot of yummy pesto.

These were what we dipped into our fondue for our Valentine's Day traditional meal. I made the same Swiss cheese Gewurtztraminer fondue for the main course, and the Toblerone Dark Chocolate honey almond fondue for dessert that we always have. It was SO good!


When Dad was out of town, we made pizzas out of Whole Wheat pitas, pizza sauce, and toppings. I let the kids each make their own, and then we broiled them for 4-5 minutes.



I'm hoping to post some fun things in March. I just discovered Epicuriuous now have Weekly meal plans with shopping lists you can print out!! hurrah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where has February gone? Those cookies looked sooo good. We make a lot of homemade pizzas (mostly whole wheat crust). It sure beats the greasy ones at most restaurants! Melissa