Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Chilled Soup? Hmm...not so much


So I made the Avocado Cucumber Soup last night, and was thrilled with the first 3 bites, and then...not so much. The kids didn't like it, but they are superstars, so they ate about half their bowls. Rob on the other hand, much to my surprise, loved it. I just felt like it was so cucumber-y and bland. It WAS refreshing, and very filling which surprised me.

Does anyone have ideas on how to jazz up this soup? See yesterday's post for the recipe....

3 comments:

snoflake22 said...

Got a reply from my cousin who is a chef on the East Coast sent me an email with an excellent soup recipe he is making at his restuarant right now. Not sure if I can post it on here, but it definitely sounds more interesting then this one. It has lime juice and some poblano in it. I can't wait to try it!

BeeARawFoodie said...

I'd experiment per bowl one nite just to see. And then you can serve "daddy's soup" style for everyone in little cups! And each designs his/hers Cuke Soup. Your kids are creative and inventive and been around great food alot so becareful, they will be creative. Keep it green - Add Peas and puree spinach or asparagus *ouree or chunks.
Punchy with Color - little flecks chunks of "stoplight" red-yellow- green peppers.
Spicy Adventures -- Pinch of Dill might be a nice addition?
Lime juice does sound interesting!
See what your family comes up with and talk about each persons and what each person likes about it.
And instead of eating a whole bowl of their own, they get round robin smaller protions. Let them show off their creations! And that gets experimentation into full steam ahead!

snoflake22 said...

That's an excellent idea Becky!