Monday, December 1, 2008

Just checking in...

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving. The last of our company left this morning, and we were sad to see them go! I felt like every day was so much fun. We had so much wonderful food, both at home and out, and did a great mix of sightseeing and relaxing. We made it to the Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs, Boulder and the Dushanbe Tea House, Denver and the Cru Wine Bar, and so many other places in between. We also ended up with a good mix of babysitting and trips with the kiddos. They were awesome on all the car rides, and with helping with food. It makes such a difference to have them a couple of years older.

So the previously posted Thanksgiving meal was wonderful. I have no idea how I actually got it on the table ready AT 5:30pm like I planned. Must have been all that wonderful help I had, mixed together with trying to make as much of it ahead as possible. There were leftovers for two more meals - except pie, so of course I made two more pies! :)

I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!

We aren't doing anything that new in the kitchen this week. I roasted brussel sprouts today instead of my usual blanching/sauteeing and they were delicious. But mostly we're doing some just every day cooking. I'm hosting a cookie exchange here at my house Monday AM for my MOPS table. Saturday night we have a babysitter, and we are going to the Microsoft Christmas Party in Denver. (thanks to Liz for helping me pull together my outfit!xo)

Have a wonderful week! I'm planning to finish up my Christmas shopping and get those Christmas cards in the mail!

3 comments:

BeeARawFoodie said...

You are the hostess with the mostess. Someday I'll have to impose and be a fly on the wall. I mean the smell of the turkey and the pumpkin pie are wafting thru my screen. I didn't think families really lived like that. Perhaps its just easier for me to read your posts and believe its all an exercise in Creative Writing. You never fail to Amaze.
I am sufficiently humbled each time I read your blog m'dear. Hugs all around, you rock.

Liz said...

Tee hee...your party outfit is hot! :)

snoflake22 said...

Becky - you are SO sweet. And we would LOVE to have you visit sometime! You are always welcome.

Liz - I can't wait for Saturday - I'll send pics!! :)