Tuesday, December 16, 2008

And party we did.....

The party was really fun! The food turned out great. My friend Joia came over the night before and helped me prep/make a few things, which was so helpful. The day of was busy but all good busy. We delivered gifts in the morning for Angel Tree as planned, the Christmas at the Ranch was beautiful. Really inspiring and even made me cry! It was dance, our 250 person choir, some individual musicians, muti-media, and drama. It is the type of thing I always wished the church would put together - using our best talents for God.


Here are some pictures of the food.(Blogger will only let me put 5 pictures per post.) The last picture is of Rob and Joia leading the Christmas Carols. Rob and Joia both have beautiful voices, and it was wonderful to have them leading the songs. Joia's husband is a juggler and he also did an awesome impromptu juggling act for us! I wish I had a good picture of it, but I was too busy enjoying the show.


Isaac helping blanche the Honey-Spiced Almonds.

























The finished almonds and the menu on the table.






















Blue Cheese with Rosemary-infused honey on crackers















Chicken Kebabs with Lemon Pepper Yogurt Dipping Sauce




















Rob and Joia sitting by the fireplace.

No comments: