Friday, May 1, 2009

Paris food pics Day 2


On Day 2 we did a marathon of a day. We did too much really! We did the "Paris in 1 Day" in our guidebook, figuring we'd have all the big things out of the way (and they were forecasting rain the rest of the week). We did the Louvre, Notre Dame, Champ Elysses, Arc de Triomphe, and the Eiffel Tower all in one day. yikes! It was too much. I also forgot to take food pictures at the wonderful place we had lunch at Les Bouquinistes, one of Guy Savoy’s five Parisian restaurants. Guy Savoy is a 3 Michelin star French chef who also has a restaurant in Caesar’s Palace Las Vegas.

It was a wonderful lunch. We got to sit in the front room that overlooks the Seine. I had the three course lunch that came with wine. The first was a type of salad that had French ham, and a poached egg over the top of it. Not a lettuce -type salad that we are used to. It was wonderful. Then I had the swordfish with a side of vegetables. The swordfish was sliced and fanned beautifully across the plate. The chef was very into foam, because there actually was foam on all three of my courses. I had a chocolate type cake for dessert. The restaurant was very clean and bright, with minimal decorating, which made it seem comfortable, yet modern. I would love to go back! A great place to have lunch there during the day, and afterward you can walk along the road which is filled with Booksellers, which is what the restaurant takes it's name after.
The only picture I have of that day, is of me with my very first crepe in Paris. We ate a Chestnut Crepe as we walked the Champ Elysses. It was a beautiful afternoon!




No comments: