Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spicy Jack Cauliflower Dip


The other night I was making our favorite Vegetarian Chili, and wanted to have something out to go before it. I came across this recipe a few weeks ago on the Whole Food website, and thought I would give it a try. It was SOOOOO good!! I ate so much of it, I hardly ate any of my favorite soup! :)
Serves 12

Cooked cauliflower is pureed and combined with cheese, spinach, garlic and jalapeño in this tasty and different dip. Serve with pita chips or toasted baguette.
Ingredients
Florets from 1/2 head cauliflower (about 2 1/2 cups), steamed until very soft and cooled
4 ounces Neufchâtel cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 to 2 fresh jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3/4 teaspoon salt
12 ounces (about 3 1/2 cups) Cheddar-Jack Shreds
3 lightly packed cups (about 5 ounces) baby spinach leaves
Method
Heat oven to 375°F. Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until very smooth. Add Neufchâtel, mayonnaise, jalapeño, garlic, salt and all but 1/2 cup of the cheese shreds and pulse until very smooth. Add spinach and pulse until chopped. Scrape into a 1-quart ovenproof baking dish or casserole, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake until hot and bubbling, about 35 minutes.
Nutrition
Per serving (about 3oz/73g-wt.): 180 calories (130 from fat), 15g total fat, 9g saturated fat, 40mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 3g total carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 8g protein

1 comment:

Carly said...

Yum!!! It looks awesome. I didn't know you were on Blogger. It will be fun to follow your blog. I'm not sure you'll want to bother with mine, though... it was a class requirement for my ENG 686 linguistics class. Maybe now that the semester's over I'll revamp it as a personal blog... or maybe not! :)