Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving
















We had a quiet, but wonderful Thanksgiving. I did have a few mishaps that I learned from.
  • I accidently bought filo dough instead of puff pastry, so the tops to the pot pies weren't what I was hoping.
  • Don't forget the whip cream for the pie!
  • The planning ahead was SO worth it, because I wasn't overwhelmed that day.
  • Oh, and I need to keep dollar bills around to occasionally stick in my husbands back pocket or shirt or something for a tip, because that man is amazing. He was always in the kitchen at the right time, washing dishes when I needed them, and cleaned up every mess I made. I feel very blessed to have married such a great guy!
The pictures above are just random pictures from the day. I'm going back to the old posts to add pictures of what some of the recipes actually looked like while I was cooking. I made the Pumpkin Pie above with a whole wheat crust. The kids decorated our formal dining room table for dinner. Elijah and I ran the Turkey Day 5K that our town puts on each year. And Analise is enjoying some of the wonderful breakfast the local French Bakery delivered to us. It was waiting for us when we got home from the race: Quiches, criossants, chocolate criossants, fruit tarts, and a baguette. It was heaven. That is definitely going to be a new tradition! :) Hope yours was happy as well!

1 comment:

maybe said...

I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^