Saturday, November 28, 2009

Turkey Salad on Greens

For some reason this year, I decided I WANTED the experience of having turkey leftovers. Mind you, I don't actually like turkey, but I do like a challenge. So a 20 pound bird I did make. And I do have leftovers for my leftovers. So this post and the one to follow soon will have the recipes I made for my family with the leftovers. Dad liked this curried salad a lot.

Curried Turkey on Greens
Would be great to pack in a lunch box, and is ready in 10 minutes.
Serves 2

1/2 pound leftover roast turkey, shredded
1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
coarse salt and ground pepper
5 ounces Bibb lettuce torn into bite size pieces (about 8 cups)

In a medium bowl, combine turkey, celery, grapes, yogurt, lemon juice, and curry powder; season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture over lettuce.

No comments: